Previously known as Physicians and Scientists for Responsible Genetics PSRGNZ - Charitable Trust
As required under the new 2005 Charities Act, PSGR has reregistered as a charitable trust.

Press Release 

Physicians and Scientists for Global Responsibility

14 September 2011


Recall and Review of Gardasil Vaccine

The Ministry of Health must immediately recall and review the potentially life threatening Gardasil vaccine after 100% of 13 samples from several countries including New Zealand tested positive for HPV DNA and may remain in circulation.(1)

The Merck Sharpe and Dohme (NZ) vaccine Gardasil purportedly to prevent cervical cancer has been linked to many severe reactions.

The FDA vaccine events reporting site (VEARS) has 12,424 reports of adverse events following Gardasil vaccination.  Of these, 772 were reports of serious events (6.2% of the reports) and the remaining 11,652 (93.8%) were classified as non-serious.  In New Zealand at least one death has been attributed to the vaccine.

The discovery that some batches contain HPV DNA contradict the Medsafe data sheets statement that the vaccine does not contain viral DNA "virus-like particles are adsorbed onto an aluminium-containing adjuvant (amorphous aluminium hydroxyphosphate sulfate, or AAHS) ... Because the virus-like particles contain no viral DNA, they cannot infect cells or reproduce."

Dr Sin Hang Lee, a pathologist at the Milford Hospital pathology laboratory well-known for using cutting-edge DNA sequencing for molecular diagnoses, has said that "once a segment of recombinant DNA is inserted into a human cell, the consequences are hard to predict.  It may be in the cell temporarily or stay there forever, with or without causing a mutation. Now the host cell contains human DNA as well as genetically engineered viral DNA.”

SANE Vax Inc who detected this contamination event, have expressed concern over the prolonged circulation of the foreign recombinant (genetically engineered) DNA as it could use the body’s cellular mechanisms as a host to keep replicating with unknown results.  The vaccine was genetically engineered to produce “virus like” particles to provoke immunity.